Alpaca Myths, Or Are They?
Date of Publication:
New Zealand Alpaca
Areas of discussion
• Blue eyed whites are not deaf!
• Alpaca is lighter than wool! Alpaca has a thermal insulation, 30% better than wool and Cashmere due to its hollow fibre!
• Alpaca does not retain water!
• Alpaca is 7 times stronger than sheep’s wool! Alpaca has 3 times the tensile strength than wool!
• Alpaca is prickle free!
• People are not allergic to alpaca due to no lanolin/grease! Alpaca does not have lanolin in the fleece!
• Alpaca resists solar radiation!
• Alpaca is more durable than sheep’s wool!
Read the rest of the article: https://www.alpaca.org.nz/index.php/download_file/view/1643/319/
Created by • Last edit by on Apr 03, 2019